Each SEASFiRE programme consists of a number of modules. Participants gain certifications based on the number of modules completed. We set the student goals at the beginning of each programme, and provide them with personal plans to ensure they understand what they must achieve to earn their SEASFiRE certifications.
Each programme consists of at least four modules, and this is the minimum number that a participant must complete to attain SEASFiRE Bronze Certification.
Completing modules includes all quizzes, group activities, and dives included in the module. A SEASFiRE instructor will sign off completion of the modules on the participants’ plans.
Students completing longer programmes, or completing multiple shorter programmes, can earn silver certification. To earn silver certification, students must:
- Complete eight SEASFiRE modules
- Add at least one critter to the SEASFiRE Marine Life Database, WALRUS
- Produce at least one media project, such as a video, a podcast, an essay, or an image gallery
Earning the highest level of certification is only possible for participants completing multiple programmes. To earn gold certification, students must:
- Complete fifteen SEASFiRE modules
- Add at least three critters to the SEASFiRE Marine Life Database, WALRUS
- Produce at least two media projects, such as a video, a podcast, an essay, or an image gallery