SEASFiRE MX2 is now open for registration. The program will run from 3 to 11 March 2018, and includes all diving and certifications as set out in the Draft Schedule. Over our 8-night/nine-day program, you will take part in media and conservation activities, while basking in the luxury of the five-star, all inclusive Iberostar Cozumel resort. Diving logistics will be provided by the on-site dive centre.
The program costs only $2,250, and will incorporate:
- PADI dive training, including all equipment and certifications – we will use best endeavours to have all students complete dive certifications
- Conservation training – students will learn about coral reefs and their importance; all SEASFiRE dives incorporate some aspect of conservation
- Marine science – students will learn about marine biodiversity and will participate in documenting coral health, submitting data to an international body
- Underwater photography – we will provide detailed underwater photography instruction and buoyancy training
- New media – you will blog, photograph and video the action on the surface and underwater, publishing your output on the SEASFiRE website.
- Teamwork – students work in buddy teams throughout the program, during dive training, classroom sessions, and production activities